HD8R DXpedition to Galapagos Island (DXFriends)

HD8R was active from October 26th to November 7th.  Glad I decided to hunt them on the last two days of their DXpedition!   Worked and confirmed 40M CW on Saturday 11/6, and 15M SSB on Sunday 11/7.   

The CW contact was made at my Dallas QTH (EM12ou), using my FlexRadio 6400 and the 40M Delta Loop to send and CW-SKIMMER for receive assistance (I was able to head copy when they sent my call sign).  SSB was at the lakehouse (EM12ub) using my FTdx3000 and Wolf River Coil vertical tuned to 15M at 1.45 SWR.   I did not try FT8 but lots of members of the Richardson Wireless Klub did via WSJT-X Fox and Hound mode.

The Galápagos Islands are about 2327 miles from Dallas TX!  Pictures and video below.   

PS:  A DXpedition is an expedition to what is considered an exotic place (Island or Country) by amateur radio operators because there are very few radio amateurs active from that place.

73 Chris de WX7V









 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger