ARRL 160m CW Contest Test Run with a Tuner

I don't have a 160m antenna but was able to get on the air with an OCF dipole and a tuner.   Not very efficient on TX but the band was in great condition so I couldn't resist.  I kept the power down and worked up from 30w to 75w.   50w seemed to be the sweet spot with tuner.  

I worked 15 QSOs, choosing only the strongest signals so as not to QRM the other contesters.   I heard OR, CA, CO, IL and WTX sections on the are in addition to the ones I worked.  Nearby stations could copy me easily, the more distance stations could not. 

Makes me want to get a proper antenna for 160M but at least I have a little experience with the top band!  Exchange for these contests is simple:   W/VE: RST + ARRL/RAC Section

73,  Chris de WX7V




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hamclock 4.10 Up and Running WSL

EdgeOS SQM Smart Queue Management Configuration

DAX Driver Issues after installing Windows 11 cumulative update KB5079473