Dayton Hamvention and OH POTA Rove 2026

I spent 4 Days in May this year volunteering at the SKCC booth for Hamvention.  I met a lot of nice members in the club and was able to show off our Straight Keys, Bugs and Cooties to potential new members.   Was great to work side by side with Cathy W4CMG and meet so many SKCC members face to face.   I also had the chance to have dinner with the FlexRadio team, and sit at the table with Steve Hicks, CTO, and had lots of good discussion with the their team.  Definitely worth doing again.

I also made the traditional POTA Rove while in Ohio.  I spent a few hours Thursday afternoon exploring the historic downtown Dayton, including the bicycle shop owned by the Wright brothers.   Made a trip out to Wright-Peterson Airforce Base in search of the Ace Tomato Company.  Not found.

Activated  US-0732 Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park twice, and along with US-11673 Great Council State Park in Zenia township, located near Shawnee village of Old Chillicothe.  Wrapped the trip on Sunday with an activation at US-1995 Sycamore State Park and really enjoyed the drive!


73,  Chris WX7V














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hamclock 4.10 Up and Running WSL

EdgeOS SQM Smart Queue Management Configuration

Field Day 2025 Results