Fedora Core 1 (x86_64) Multimedia Support
Yesterday I finally got full multimedia support configured for FC1. I'm successfully running MPlayer 1.0pre4-3.3.2 and K3b 11.9 built from source and optimized for the AMD 64-bit CPU! I've been able to play every DVDs from my personal library without any issues. Thanks to Mauriat Miranda's MPlayer - Fedora Guide set up and installation was a snap! I really like the proton skin. Other skins (including the default Blue) can be downloaded from here.

GOTCHA: When I rebooted kudzu attached my DVD/CD Writer combo to /dev/scd1 instead of /dev/cdrom. Therefore my symlink from /dev/cdrom to /dev/dvd was worthless and prevented me from watching DVDs. You can use dmesg after a reboot to figure out what devices the CDROM/DVD Drives are attached to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger