FC1 Fedora Core 1 Linux Infrared Remote Control Project (lirc)
I'm working on a homebrew lirc-0.6.6 receiver for Fedora Core 1. After extracting the source and running ./configure I immediately ran into complile problems with the following error:
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/cwhite/download/lirc-0.6.6/drivers/lirc_serial'
DIR=`pwd`; (cd /usr/src/linux/; make SUBDIRS=$DIR obj-m=lirc_serial.o modules)
/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/scripts/pathdown.sh: line 4: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `lirc_serial.o', needed by `modules'. Stop.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl'
make[3]: *** [lirc_serial.o] Error 2

After two days of reading the documentation and searching messages boards for related issues I found a similar solution by googling for
lirc TOPDIR: parameter null or not set

My problems were resolved when I ran the following commands (as root)

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl/
make mrproper
cp /boot/config-2.4.22-1.2188.nptl ./.config
make oldconfig
make depend

I was then able to return to my lirc source directory and run "make" and "make install" successfully.

Project Resources
LIRC Home Page
Homebrew Receiver Component List
Receiver Circuit Schematic
Note: I bought my components at the local Radio Shack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger