Time to Celebrate

My QSO rate has gone up significantly since upgading my antenna in December and using GridTracker with WSJT-X in January.   Click here to see the FlexRadio/GridTracker demo working flawlessly!

Originally I had an OCF/Windom for 6m-80m mounted at 20ft under the eaves on my roof.   This was not  sufficiently high enough- and it was too heavy for my spiderbeam 12M fiberglass pole without bending the pole.   

I'm now using a lightweight EFHW antenna (MFJ-1982MP) raised to 32' and configured in an inverted V.  I've now got 710 qso's of which 566 confirmed.   Hawaii and Alaska were the last two states I needed for ARRL's Worked All States Award, and I've now worked (and confirmed) those two states 3 times each!  

Next up:  ARRLs DXCC - DX Century Club.   I've confirmed 64 of 100 countries (er- ARRL Entities!).  

I'll post more results after I complete what I hope is the final upgrade for the QTH in the Dallas: the  Spiderbeam 18m fiberglass pole with Aerial-51 Model 807-HD wire antenna, using the 75m Band RMU resonant at 3.880 MHz. The Aerial-51 is an Asymmetrical Dipole, 7 HF Bands +6m designed for permanent installation.  Not a Windom, not an OCF, but a Current-Sum-Antenna.   I chose the 75m RMU because I want to work PHONE mode primarily on 80M.  

https://www.qrz.com/db/WX7V




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger