Rhode Island

I had time to Play Radio as part of a work trip to Rhode Island this week. I activated two parks on Thursday afternoon successfully: Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge K-0516 and Fort Adams State Park K-2874. I didn’t have a rental car so waiting for Uber to take me from park to park was the biggest challenge - several confirmed and cancelled when they saw where I was located! 

This was my first time to activate using my Elecraft KX3 “shack in a pack”. Learned a lot and had a lot of tun. I had my doubts about the AX1 whip antenna but somehow the combination or low power and the compromise antenna worked including a few DX contacts in Spain, Belgium and Italy.  My last contact was a surprise- a 15M P2P with another OP also in RI. 

Enjoy the pictures below. 73 and POTA On! Chris de WX7V


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger