Spring Creek Forest State Park (Again Again)

I could not make the trip to Dayton this year but I did sneak out of work an hour early so that I could stop at K-4423 Spring Creek Forest State Park for a quick POTA activation.

Propagation was pretty good from my Jeep using the mobile setup - Yaesu FT-100D, ATAS-120a and 100W. Worked Spain, Puerto Rico and several Canadian stations.

Thank you hunters for such a good pile up- yesterday was the first time I had to resort to the "Call Area X" only to hear thru all the calls!

I also worked W8BI Dayton Amateur Radio Association club station. They were operating from the event and confirmed, yes there IS something drawing a lot of HAMs to the Dayton area this weekend! 

This year marks the 70th Anniversary of the Dayton Hamvention. https://hamvention.org/  As a result I worked a lot of mobile and portable operators who had set up at Dayton. Good reports from all on 20m SSB. I made a rare for me P2P SSB contact with K4NYM (Bill) who normally operates on CW, and his second op KB3WAV (Kerri).

Finally, I worked NH for the fist time yesterday (K1KL) leaving 3 states for me to finish the POTA WAS Award - Maine, Alaska and Hawaii. I have not worked DC yet which is counted as a wildcard.

This was my third activation at K-4423 so I guess I'll have to use this reference area to start working on my KILO award. 78 total contacts, many P2P, and two final contacts on CW.

73 and POTA On! Chris de WX7V





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger