WX7V 2022 Year End Christmas Break

I was able to take vacation for the last two weeks of December over Christmas Break.  First week was a working vacation, but the second was "fully" off with plenty of time to play radio.  I was able to complete my Senate Quest with the SKCC, and organize some of my ham radio projects.

I've also had time to use the Mosley Mini 32A extensively and must say that it performs admirably.  The receive on the beam is much quieter than the dipole, and combined with the Mercury IIIs really knows how to break a pile up.

I've worked 24 countries and completed 159 QSOs (mostly on CW) over the break - with many on 20, 15 and 10 meters.  Calibrating the antenna to beam in the right direction was very easy using the Yaesu 450.  During a QSO, directional bearings for specific call signs are integrated with ACLOG, QRZ and the SKCC SKED page.   As I mentioned in my previous post, the mounting location on the roof is a bit of a compromise but overall I'm very happy with the results.   See the QSO analysis below.

January is also a big month for Radio Sports.   The 2023 WRTC Award  is in progress for the next 30 days to promote the World Radio Team Championship that will be held in July 2023. 

 I'm looking forward to chasing the SKCC K3Y event to celebrate the 17th annual "Straight Key Month."     More details for each are at the links below.

73,  Chris de WX7V

 


https://skccgroup.com/k3y/k3y.php



https://www.wrtc2022.it/en/wrtc-2023-award-31.asp



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remote CW with RKI 1.05 and Sparkfun FT231X breakout board

BENS BEST BENT WIRE

Wolf River Coil SB 1000 Platinum - 213" Whip Antenna Tuning Guide W0DHZ - Dale Henninger